GERD, also known as Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, has been regarded as a common problem for many people around the world. This disorder occurs due to poor food habit, haphazard lifestyle and many other reasons. From kids to adult and male to female, everyone can be noted as equally vulnerable to this disorder. To avoid acid reflux issue or GERD, we need to focus on our food habit and lifestyle. A few healthy habits in daily life or lifestyle can bring a lot of changes for us. In the following section, we shall find the things that can potentially trigger acid reflux and also the things that can potentially provide relief against acid reflux.
Things That Intensify GERD
When GERD is intensified, you may experience symptoms like heartburn, digestive problem, lack of appetite and many more. All these symptoms suggest that you are suffering from acid reflux. Now, acid reflux could be a chronic problem for many people. Such people have to be careful with a few things that aggravate and calmGERD. Those things are:
- Junk Foods: If you are a victim of GERD and you have the habit to eat junk foods on regular basis, you are definitely calling all sorts of troubles. Junk foods or fast foods must be avoided as much as possible.
- Citrus Juice: Citrus juice or lemon juice can invite acid reflux or heartburn. You need to avoid such things, as much as possible.
- Oily and Spicy Foods: Too much spice or oil in the foods can invite acid reflux issues. You need to go for lesser oil foods which are prepared with lesser spices. The food should be simple and easy to be digested.
- Excessive Consumption of Meat: Balanced diet is required by everyone, though eating meat on regular basis is not a healthy thing, especially when you prefer eating red meats. You should include more green items or vegetables in your regular diet.
- Smoking: Smoking can lead to different physical complications, and acid reflux could be an aftermath of your smoking habit. Quitting smoking is important for those who are victims of chronic acid reflux.
- Drinking Alcohol: Alcoholic drinks can trigger acid reflux anytime. You should avoid such drinks as much as it you can.
Things That Protect Your from Acid Reflux
Similar to some elements or habits that trigger acid reflux, there are some habit as well as food items that can give you relief against acid reflux. Those things are:
- Apple cider vinegar is a magical substance that helps fighting various health issues, including acid reflux. It can neutralize acid reflux in stomach.
- Eating foods at the right schedule and keeping the stomach filled are considered as healthy habits that can keep acid reflux away from your life.
- If you go to bed at the right time on daily basis, acid reflux will not cause any issues for you.
- Proper sleeping is also imperative for staying away from acid reflux issues.
All the aforementioned things are quite important to be followed by those who are suffering from GERD.