We have all witnessed the drastic change that technology has brought about in our lives. From safety and security to travel and food, there is no part of our lives that remains untouched. A big example of technological wonder is AI chatbot.
Technologies related to Chatbots are already increasing by an overwhelming number with each passing day. Chatbot applications, chatbot builders and chatbot analytics, there is plenty to wrap around your head. But don’t worry at all. In this article we shall guide you to choose the right chatbot platform and make the most out of it.
So, let’s get going.
To define it in simple terms, AI Chatbots are programs which can automatically engage with received messages. They can be programmed to respond in the same way or in different way (to messages containing certain keywords) and they can also use machine learning to frame answers in response to certain situations.
Depending upon one’s need, there are different chatbots that can be used. They are as follows-
- Menu/Button-Based Chatbots- These are the most basic types of chatbots available in the market. Just like an automated call menu, chatbots need to make various selections to dig deeper towards the final answer.
- Keyword-Recognition-Based Chatbots- This type of Chatbots are capable of listening to what users type and respond accordingly. The chatbots make use of customizable keywords/AI in order to serve the most appropriate answer to the user.
- Contextual Chatbots- Contextual chatbots are by far the most advanced bots. They are designed to utilize Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, in order to remember conversations and learn over a period of time. Unlike the other chatbots, contextual chatbots are smart and can self-improve on the basis of what customers are asking.
Choosing the right Chatbot-
- Identify your needs and capabilities- The primary step in choosing the best AI Chatbot is to assess and identify your needs and technical capabilities. Each chatbot platform varies in respect of its AI, ML, and NLP capabilities. Thus, it is wise to carry out an internal assessment and know what you need from it. Also, you should know what technical demands you are ready to take on for the chatbot to give you the desired results.
You may consider asking the following questions to have a clear picture-
- Do I need a chatbot platform for advanced AI, ML, and NLP for additional values or will a simple rule-based chatbot with response buttons suffice?
- Do I have appropriate and latest tech savvy to make the most out of the chatbot platform?
- Do I need the chatbot for integration with an enterprise software platform?
- Know your Budget and ROI- Since you know your needs and technical capabilities required for the desired chatbot platform, it is now time to determine and fix a budget. Before jumping into the individual abilities of each chatbot, it is wiser to know what your budget is. This will help in eliminating the chatbots which are beyond your budget or not ROI worthy at the very beginning itself.
Another thing that needs your attention is that some chatbots may have a lower ceiling as opposed to what you’re capable of accomplishing. It all boils down to what functionality you are looking for to drive the value you need from a chatbot. If your functionality needs aren’t too high then a visual-based chatbot may work out to be a good choice for you.
- Outline your options- While trying to search the best chatbot, there are 3 routes that you can go through. They are; Do-it-Yourself Standard chatbot platforms, visual-aided chatbot platforms, and chatbot agency. Each one of them comeswith their respective pros and cons. They may not stand true in all cases. However, it can provide a sound foundation for determining which type of chatbot you should focus on.
Also read about: Intent Based Network- a game changer in the world of virtualized networks The most righteous chatbots the one that can best fit the value proposition that you intend to convey to your audience. In the end, it all depends on your requirements and there is no one size fits all solution in the market. You have to look inward, carry out research and evaluate the pros and cons of the available options. Only then you will be in a better position to find the best AI chatbot for your requirements.