Football advertising with pitchside boards has become quite common yet popular all across the globe. There are numerous things that are used in the pitchside advertising like led advertising boards, hoardings, and pitchside advertising banners. There are a lot of brands that have been using the power of sportsmanship and sports to promote out the products and services to the masses for a decade.
History of pitchside advertising
- You would be surprised to know that the first pitch side football advertisement was observed at the 1996 world cup match. However, the foremost football advertisement was seen in the year 1976 on a shirt. This was the time when Southern League Kettering town was the first British club to showcase a brand name on their shirts.
- During that period, there were major organizations who saw the advantages of associations with the football marketing and sports club who have been around since the domestic brands started advertising for the football grounds by strategizing and positioning their logos at a very strategic point within the stadium so that it is viewed by the audience in the best possible manner.
- However, this was not known to the audience it was seen on the television in the football matches in the late 1960s. This was the time when people came to know about the pitchside advertising.
- After this, this advertising remained fairly static until a few years ago, it turned into a millennium when the West Ham United became the first and foremost club to implement this advertising digitally on the led advertising boards.
- This was initially banned by the football associations of Bolton Wanderers and Derby County who lobbied the authorities for these advertisements to be limited only on shirts and nothing else.
- The foremost football advertisement was on the big club shirt which is widely regarded as a deal that featured Hitachi across Liverpool’s shirt in the year 1978. Football marketing has been in the bounds and leaps for the early pioneers and in this Eleven Sports Media has been leading the journey. The innovative fan audience and the engagement have gone through thousands and thousands of the regional, local and national brands advertising at the soccer grounds for about a decade.
Why are the pitch side Advertising preferred??
- If you talk about the pitchside advertising, it is one of the greatest and most effective ways of advertisement when it comes to football. The football advertising boards are the ones that are a great way for numerous sports clubs to generate various additional incomes from the sponsors.
- A premium is usually paid for the pitch side advertising space by the sponsors. This is the area which is believed to receive most of the attention and reach in the matches when the matches are televised.
- There’s also a LED pitch-side advertising system is the popular latest technology which is used for the dynamic marketing for numerous sports events. This way, the customers are able to rely easily on the advertising messages with the help of animations and moving pictures. This is more effective than the traditional pitch advertising.