NSR or the National Skills Registry is a very important step that has been taken by the NASSCOM to increase and enhance the competitiveness of the growing Indian IT hub. All the employees in the big IT companies who have registered with the NASSCOM have to file the NSR registration which will generate an IT pin. With the help of the NSR, the employees can showcase and update their skill and information.
NSR registration is an online process. Few people may find it a bit tricky, so in this article, the stepwise guide to the NSR registration process has been provided.
- The first that you need to do is open the NSR website on Internet Explorer. All though IE is not preferred by most of the people, in this case, it is strongly recommended.
- On the address bar type http://nationalskillsregistry.com/
- A pop up will appear with ‘ This page contains both secure and non-secure items: Do you want to display the non-secure items?’ click on yes.
- At the middle of the page you will find a ‘New User’, click on the ‘Register Now’ button if you are registering for the first time or else click on the ‘ Complete your registration’.
- When you click on the ‘Register Now’ butter, a new window will open in a new tab.
- Carefully read the instructions and click on the ‘I agree’ button at the bottom and then click on ‘Submit’.
- Click on the NSR registration referred by ‘ Registering at my own’. You do not have to select anything if you have recently joined and you do not have your id.
- Then in the personal information filling place fill it with your relevant details. Fill in with your mother’s maiden name that is the surname she had before she was married. Only the surname is required.
- Fill up the address block with your present address. The NSR IT card that would be provided to you after successful registration will be delivered to the address that you are giving here. So carefully fill up.
- Also, fill up the immediate previous address. Only fill it up if you have recently shifted to your present address that is less than a year.
- Other personal information includes the country’s code +91, then the state code and then your mobile number with your landline number if you have one.
- Enter your email id as the IT pin will be sent to your email Id.
- If you have your passport or the Aadhar card fill in the details.
- The next part is authentication where you have to select a 5 character id and create two passwords one for the login and one for the transaction. The password cannot be the same.
- Then click on save and continue. You will then get the acknowledgment number and do write it down.
- Choose the card delivery address and then click on ‘submit and view’. Then you have to click on the payment process where you can pay online.
- Print the ITP Wen Registration Acknowledgement Form and then with your passport sized photo and signature in form submit it to the POS of your office.
- Since NSR registration is an online process, your work will be done faster than usual and you will receive your card within 20-30 days.